Lavender Chocolate Bar Description
This is one of the most delightful treats we sell at our farm. In 2021 we met with Aaron one of the founders of Intrigue Chocolate and told him our desire to make a top-tier lavender chocolate bar that highlighted the complex floral flavors of our Angustifolia (English) lavender.
Boy, did Intrigue chocolate come through! This chocolate bar is 60% chocolate and made with ethically sourced Ugandan Cacao nibs and lavender grown, hand-harvested, dried, and processed right here at B&B Family Farm.
This chocolate bar is balanced well with lavender floral hints, deep base notes of chocolate, scotch whiskey, and dried blueberries. This chocolate is not to be chewed! Instead, break off a piece, put the textured side down on your tongue, kick up your feet, and let the chocolate melt away on your tongue! Relax and enjoy!
Lavender Chocolate Bar Ingredients
Ingredients: Roasted cacao nibs (Uganda), raw cane sugar, cocoa butter, lavender flower bud (B&B family Farm), sea salt
Lavender Chocolate Bar Tasting Techniques
- Break off a piece of lavender chocolate, then sniff the broken edge. First impressions count.
- Melt, don’t Chew! Place the broken piece of chocolate in your mouth textured side down. Roll the chocolate around on your tongue to help it melt faster. Pay attention to mouthfeel (melt, viscosity, texture, particle size, astringency, etc.)
- Taste the chocolate. Plug your nose to isolate your sense of taste. Is there sweet, sour, salt, bitter, or umami?
- Part your lips and take tiny fish-breaths. This will allow you to access your most powerful sense of smell – through your mouth!
- Close your eyes. Reducing the overload of visual stimuli will allow you to turn up the volume on all three elements of flavor.
- Get poetic. Can the flavor be described as color, sound, or shape? Does it have motion or music? Is it similar to your favorite cocktail, type of fruit, or a specific memory of place or emotion