This a spicy tweak to our Lavender Lemonade. The ingredients and directions are almost identical with the exception of lime juice instead of lemon juice and the addition of a jalapeno. This is a refreshing beverage for those summer and spring days that packs a little punch. Enjoy! The images and video below are for the Lavender Lemonade just add the jalapeno when you add the lavender. See below for complete details. This recipe is Vegan, Gluten Free, and Soy Free!
1 Cup Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice.
2/3 Cup Agave Syrup
4 Tbs of Angustifolia lavender bud (DO NOT USE French lavender here it will not taste pleasant)
1 Jalapeno sliced thinly
3-4 cups of water (this does not have to be precise)
2 Liter Container
A medium sized pot or sauce pan with lid
1. Place approximately 4 cups of water in a sauce pan or pot, a cooking container you can use on the stove with a lid. Add your agave syrup, your 4 Tbs of lavender bud, and your thinly sliced jalapeno. Give the mixture a light stir
2. Place your pot over high heat covered until it starts to boil. Once it starts to boil reduce to low heat. Let the mixture boil covered for 5 minutes over low heat.
3. Once the mixture has boiled for 5 minutes turn off the heat and move the pot to a cool burner and let sit for 45 to 60 minutes. This does not have to be exact, the goal here is to allow the steam inside the pot to cool back down and return to liquid and enter back into the agave, lavender, jalapeno mixture. By this time your kitchen and most of your house should smell amazing!
4. Once the mixture has cooled down, place a fine mesh colander over a medium sized bowl. Pour the mixture through the colander so the lavender buds are collected in the colander and the liquid mixture goes into the bowl. underneath the colander.
5. You can toss the lavender buds and jalapeno slices in the trash, they are no longer needed. Take your 2 liter container and add the 1 cup fresh lime juice and the agave/lavender mixture. There should be some room left in the container. Fill the remaining portion of the two liter container with cold water or ice and give the mixture a good stir.
6. There you have it you are done! Your lavender jalapeno limeade is ready to drink! Pour the limeade over a glass of ice, kick back, and enjoy the lavender smells and flavors. Life is awesome!
Here is a video of Zion showing you this recipe in action.